Christmas Lunch in the Park
25 December | 10:00am - 2:00pm
Langley Park (West), Riverside Drive, Perth City
An event by Mission Australia designed to share the spirit of Christmas with people in Perth who are experiencing homelessness, vulnerability or disadvantage.
Event Facts & Stats 2020
Over 1400 people are expected to attend in 2020. For many, without the event, they would be alone on Christmas day
The event is supported by hundreds of volunteers who manage all aspects of the event including hosting on Christmas day.
A Christmas day event, centred around a shared lunch in a compassionate environment, instilled with hope and celebration.
A central, accessible location in the heart of the city which is transformed for the event.
Every adult attendee will receive a back pack containing essential personal resources.
Our aims for 2020
- Focus on reaching individuals experiencing homelessness, disadvantage and marginalisation, so they are not alone on Christmas Day
- Provide every person with a traditional Christmas lunch, shared in the company of others
- Extend support beyond the event by providing essential resources and connection with vital community services
- All adult attendees will receive a Personal Care Pack containing essential items and support service information
- Staging an environmentally friendly and sustainable event with no single use plastic, bio pack catering packs, cutlery and re-usable water bottles and decorations
In the weeks leading up to Christmas, we will be distributing event wristbands to most support service providers within the Perth city area.
You can collect yours from the nearest community support agency in December, then wear it on the day to streamline entry to the event.
This event is for people most in need who may be experiencing homelessness, disadvantage or marginalisation. If this isn't you but you would still like to support the event, you can make a donation or get involved as a volunteer.
How can you help?
The event relies on the generosity of the Perth community, so please help us by donating today. Through your support, we can work to ensure no one is alone on Christmas day.
Make a difference by donating, volunteering or partnering with us as a corporate sponsor.